I showed ya'll a sneak peak of the applique on this quilt a few days ago and now it's finished and on it's way to it's owner!! I really love how this quilt turned out!! Super cute and really fun!! I hope little Jackson likes it!
I used this cute paw print for the back since the little guy's nursery is puppy dog themed!
Next up, I realized that I never showed ya'll the pillows I made for my mother-in-law for Christmas! I love Cathedral Windows...lots of work but totally worth it!! If you live in the Houston, TX area and are interested in learning this technique....I'm teaching a class at SunFlower Quilts on February 19th, 2011 from 1pm-4pm! Be sure to go and sign up before the class gets full! Hope to see you there!
So my three year old nephew Xavier got his very first library card today and he is SUPER EXCITED!! This boy loves his books! I just thought I'd share this cute photo of him that his mommy took today! He's reading his new library book under the Brown Bear Brown Bear quilt I made him for Christmas!! LOVE HIM!! Thanks for the photo Rachel!!
1 Valentine’s Charm Pack or Valentine’s colored scrap fabrics
Rick Rack OR Ribbon
Scrap Batting pieces about 5” X 5” (large enough for charm square)
1. Choose two charm squares (one for front of heart and one for back of heart) and one piece of batting.
2. Trace a heart shape on all three pieces (2 fabrics and 1 batting) and cut out with pinking shears.
3. Layer one fabric wrong side up then put rick rack on top of fabric leaving a few inches from the end. Next put batting on top of rick rack and then put the other fabric heart on top right side up. This is making a quilt sandwich with the two fabrics, batting, and rick rack.
4. Quilt as desired. This would be a great time to play with fun stitches on your sewing machine that you’ve never used before!
5. Continue until you have as many hearts as you desire, remembering to leave a few inches between the hearts.
I am so excited and inspired by all of the emails I've been getting from you awesome quilters who've made stuff from my tutorials! I love your projects even more and want to make new ones!! Thank you so much for inspiring me! I just made a group on Flickr where you can upload your photos in one place! If you've made something from one of my tutorials/patterns please upload your photo to the group so everyone can see your lovely creations!! Thanks guys!
Either click on the photo above OR click on this link:
I just finished the quilt top to my next Moda Bake Shop project! Here is a little sneak peak. I used the fabric line Sugar Pop! Not sure when it will be scheduled yet, still working on the pattern!! Hope ya'll like it!