Monday, April 22, 2013

Brick Road Sew Along-Week 3!

Ok guys, how are we doing on our cutting? I love seeing the progress photos in the Flickr group, don't forget to add yours! Today starts week 3, so halfway there and let's get started!!
Block Assembly
1. Take 1-5" X 10" rectangle and sew a 1 1/2" X 5" piece to each 5" side of the rectangle. Press towards outer fabrics.
 
 
2 Sew a 1 1/2" X 12" piece to each 12" side of the rectangle. Press towards outer fabrics. Repeat until you have all 45 mixed blocks. Square blocks to 7" X 12"
 

 
*You will only need 44 blocks to complete the quilt top, you can use the extra block on the back or use it for a label for your quilt!
 

That's it for this week! I can't wait to see ya'll's finished blocks!  How is everyone doing?
Here is the schedule for the following weeks:
Week 4-April 29th: Sashing/Borders/Top Assembly
Week 5-May 6th: Prepare Backing/Basting
Week 6-May 13th: Quilting/Binding
Week 7-May 20th: Winners Announced
 
Next week we will add the sashing and borders...I told ya'll this quilt comes together fast! See ya next week!


2 comments:

Texas JennyWren said...

You are going to laugh at me but I keep checking to see if you have posted wk 2 and 3 and NOTHING. I was checking under the tab: Brick Road Sew Along. Finally I decided I should just check your home page and was going to leave you an email where low and behold: There were week 2 AND week 3!! So needless to say I am a bit behind! But I am still going to make this quilt. I really like the pattern and the colors you chose. :-)

Fahad Naseer said...

Which Car you want..? Here is a best list of Cars and Vehicles, Hot Vehicles, Strange Cars, Super Cars Model, Funny Cars, Car Latest Models, Cars with Girls, Cars like helicopter and Most Speed and Expensive Cars
WorldLatestVehicles.com