Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shoulder Surgery!

Here is an update about my shoulder! I am having surgery on my right shoulder on Thursday November 20th. For those of you who don't know, I've dislocated this shoulder 5 times in the past 2 years!
In the words of my doctor:
This is what it says on my doctor's history report: Jamie's status is post multiple right shoulder dislocations. She has had her MRI with an arthrogram. I have reviewed her arthrogram results with her, which demonstrates a large Hill-Sachs lesion of the humeral head as well as the Bankart lesion.
Status of my shoulder: Multiple right shoulder dislocations with Bankart lesion and Hill-Sachs lesion.
Plan: We discussed surgical options. I think that because she has had so many dislocations, she should pursue the operative treatment regimen. We are going to plan on arthoscopic repair with Bankart lesion and possible grafting of the Hill-Sachs lesion depending on the size of it at the time of surgery. We discussed the risks and benefits of the procedure, the most common complication being redislocation.
So that is what is says on my doctors report, I thought it would be easier to type that then try to put it in my own words! I will have 3 different holes on my arm where they will do the surgery; 1 on the front of my shoulder, 1 on the side of my arm, and 1 on the back of my shoulder. The surgery is outpatient, so at least I can go home right after I wake up! I will be in a sling for 6 weeks after surgery, then after that 6 weeks I will start physical therapy. I think that's pretty much it, hopefully it's not too confusing! Thanks for the prayers!
Love ya'll!
Jamie

0 comments: