Easy &Fast Heart Garland Tutorial
1 Valentine’s Charm Pack or Valentine’s colored scrap fabrics
Rick Rack OR Ribbon
Scrap Batting pieces about 5” X 5” (large enough for charm square)
1. Choose two charm squares (one for front of heart and one for back of heart) and one piece of batting.
2. Trace a heart shape on all three pieces (2 fabrics and 1 batting) and cut out with pinking shears.
3. Layer one fabric wrong side up then put rick rack on top of fabric leaving a few inches from the end. Next put batting on top of rick rack and then put the other fabric heart on top right side up. This is making a quilt sandwich with the two fabrics, batting, and rick rack.
4. Quilt as desired. This would be a great time to play with fun stitches on your sewing machine that you’ve never used before!
5. Continue until you have as many hearts as you desire, remembering to leave a few inches between the hearts.
Your garland is now finished, hang and enjoy!!