Cathedral Windows Pincushion #1 Tutorial
*this entire pincushion is a great scrap buster!
Supplies: to make a 5" pincushion
1- 10" square (solid fabric)
1-5" inner square (for peak-a-boo)
2-3" window squares
1-5" square for backing
stuffing (any stuffing will do, just use what you have on hand or your favorite kind)
1 Button for embellishment
Hand sewing needle
Follow the Cathedral Windows Basics Tutorial HERE including the sewing embellishment (peak-a-boo) using the size requirements listed below:
*Size Requirements for Cathedral Windows Pincusion #1:
3 " window square
5" inner square
You will only need one folded square.
Assembling the Pincushion:1. With backing square and CW square right sides together (RST) sew all the way around the squares leaving about a 2" opening for turning.
2. Trim off corners being careful not to cut stitching.
3. Turn pincushion right side out and stuff as desired. Hand sew the opening closed. Need help sewing your pincushion closed? Check out my Mom's Ladder Stitch video tutorial over on her blog! It's a great, detailed tutorial and you won't see your stitches afterwards!
Adding a Button to your Pincushion:
1. With hand sewing needle and thread, start with a knot of top side of pincushion, close to the center.
2. Slide button on thread and cut off extra thread by the knot. (button will cover knot).
3. Bring thread through the other hole in the button and push through to the bottom of pincushion.
4. Pinch pincushion and repeat until button is secure.See photo:
Your Cathedral Windows Pincushion is finished! Here are some photos of my finished Pincushion! I can't wait to see yours!
Don't forget to add your completed photos to the Flickr Group or link up below!