Cathedral Windows Turtle Stuffed Animal or Large Pincushion
1 FQ of solid fabric (used for 1- 18"solid square and head, tail, & feet pieces)
1- 9" inner peak-a-boo square
2-7" window squares
1-18" backing square
Hand sewing needle
Directions:Follow the Cathedral Windows Basics Tutorial HERE including the sewing embellishment (peak-a-boo) using the size requirements listed below:
*Size Requirements for Cathedral Windows Turtle:
7 " window square
9" inner square
You will only need one folded square.
Assembling the Turtle:1. Cut 10 pieces for feet and tail and 2 pieces for head.
2. Take two pieces and with right sides together sew all the way around leaving the bottom open for stuffing. Stuff. Repeat until you have one head, four feet and one tail.
3. Pin head, feet and tail in place.
4. With backing square and CW square (with head, feet and tail pinned in place) right sides together (RST) sew all the way around the squares leaving about a 2" opening for turning.
5. Trim off corners being careful not to cut stitching.
6. Turn turtle right side out and stuff as desired. Hand sew the opening closed. Need help sewing your turtle closed? Check out my Mom's Ladder Stitch Video Tutorial over on her blog! It's a great, detailed tutorial and you won't see your stitches afterwards!
Now your Turtle is finished! Enjoy
Don't forget to add photos to the Flickr Group or Link up below!!