Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 1: Recovery Begins

Friday November 21, 2008


I slept okay last night. I came back to the couch around 6:30 am when Jon was leaving for school. Mom made him a triple-decker ham, cheese, and egg sandwich that I knew he would love! My mom and I watched some morning news shows and she helped me just relax. My bicep felt like it had a constant pull to it, but that was pretty much the only area that was sore in the morning. I took an hour or two nap; naps help a lot! It's hard to move around and get comfortable with the huge stuff all over me. Not only do I have a sling but I also have a pain pump that's in a fanny-pack type thing tucked into my sling. The cord for the pain pump is glued to my arm all over and goes into my shoulder on the side. The pain pump helps a lot and I'm nervous about when it runs out. My mom helped me pick up my house a little and during the day we made a list for shopping. Jon's going o be gone all day, he has a basketball game tonight and won't get home until after 9:00 pm. Around 5:00 pm I felt rested enough to go to Walmart for a little bit. It was a nice day/night, in the 50's all day, so I thought it would be nice to get out some. Mom helped me get dressed-basically just threw one of Jon's big jackets over me and a pair of jeans. Walmart isn't too far away, only a few blocks and our list wasn't too long. We were only gone for a little over an hour. It felt good to get off the couch, but I was really tired when we got back! We got stuff like headbands to make it easier for Jon to do my hair after my mom leaves-since I can't move my arm for 6 weeks! I love him so much! Anywho...We get back and eat a little and I go back tot he couch with my Ozzie. Jon got home around 9:30, eats dinner and falls asleep with me on the couch. I make him go to bed and I stayed on the couch. By the end of the day my arm kills-it started to get sore all over. Then around 2:00 am I went to bed with Jon. I didn't sleep very well!


Love,


Jamie





0 comments: