Friday, April 8, 2011

The Awesome Quilt Along Supply List

 

I am so excited about this Quilt Along!! If you're participating please join my Flickr Group and you can post photos of your process and final quilt photos.  If you already have your jelly roll take a photo and post that on Flickr!!!  If you have no idea what Flickr is go to my Tutorial HERE for starting a blog/flickr!!  This is going to be so much fun!

Supplies you'll need:
1 Jelly Roll (or 40 different 2 1/2 X WOF strips)
3 yards for backing fabric
Batting at least 55 X 60 (I used Warm & Natural)
Binding fabric is included in the Jelly Roll!!
 
Basic Sewing Supplies:
Rotary cutter, mat and ruler
Basting Pins or Spray Adhesive
Thread for piecing and thread for quilting
Sewing Machine
Iron and Ironing Board
 
Simple enough right?  The entire quilt top uses Jelly Roll strips and that even includes the binding! WOO HOO!!  This is going to be so much fun!!  Remember this is a join anytime....sew at your own pace quilt along.  I will be posting every Friday with the next steps for the next few weeks.  So next Friday I will post cutting instructions! That will give everyone plenty of time to work!  Does that work for everyone; give ya'll enough time to get fabrics??  Sound good??  See ya'll Friday and I can't wait to see what Jelly Rolls ya'll are using!!
 
Don't forget to grab a button for your blog (it's on the top right of my blog) and join my Flickr Group!

If you want to see a finished photo of the quilt check out my last Quilt Along Post.
If you have any questions...please feel free to ask!

6 comments:

Splendorfalls said...

How exiting! Hope you get lots of participation!

Nancy Page said...

I am going to try it with a Honey Bun. I don't have a Jelly Roll at the moment. I have to find one.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Linda said...

I have my jelly roll...I'm itching to get going!

Jackie Russell said...

I just bought my Jelly roll (Sugar Pop)today.

Anonymous said...

I made one with the "Awesome' fabric, this time I'm going to use "Arnold's Attic" jelly roll that I already have.

As Tavares said...

Hi, I´m Mari´s aunt. Do you remember me?
I always visit your blog and I love yours works.
When you can, come visit mine: http://itsallaboutpatchwork.blogspot.com/
Kisses, Fausta