Do you have your Jelly Roll ready?? Good! Here are the steps for week one, we're going to start with the blocks! I can't wait to see everyone's fabric choices! Don't forget to upload any photos of your progress to the Flickr Group!!
My mom and I are making NEW Awesome Quilts in for the quilt along too!! I'm using a Laurel Jelly Roll from Moda. You may remember the quilt I made for my dad for Christmas using Laurel fabric...if not read HERE from my previous post.
1. Choose 16 JR strips
2. Take 13 JR strips and cut each as follows:
four- 7 1/2” pieces
four- 3” pieces
3. Take the 14th JR strip and cut as follows:
two- 7 1/2” pieces
4. Cut the 15th JR strip as follows:
14- 2 ½” pieces
5. Cut the 16th JR strip as follows:
13- 2 1/2" pieces
6. Mix & Match the 2 ½” middle squares with two each of the larger pieces (same fabric). You should have 27 ready to go to start sewing. We will start sewing them next week, but you're more than welcome to jump ahead and sew them!